Three held for inter-state thefts in Thane
Thane: Three persons have been arrested for allegedly committing thefts in Gujarat and Maharashtra, police said today.
The modus operandi of the trio was to target shops of electronic gagdets or electrical goods by calling up there and ordering for things by assuring that they would pay the amount once the goods reach them, Thane DSP Anil Kumbhare told reporters here last evening.
The shopkeepers, without any doubt, would then dispatch the goods and the trio would never return back to pay the bill, he said.
Later, the victim shopkeepers registered a complaint against the trio, Pravin Jain (42), Bhomaran Kumhar (40) and Dinesh Patel (24), all hailing from Rajasthan, following which police laid a trap and arrested them on Sunday.
"There are several cases registered against the trio for theft at Padgha, Kashimira, Virar, Thane city, Panvel, Pune rural and at several Gujarat police stations," Kumbhare said.
In Mumbai also similar thefts were reported at Paidhoni, Jogeshwari, LT Marg and Dadar and the crime branch were on a hunt for the accused.
The trio have so far duped various shopkeepers to the tune of Rs 8.50 lakh, police said, adding that the booty is yet to be recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II