Three held for inter-state thefts in Thane
Thane: Three persons have been arrested for allegedly committing thefts in Gujarat and Maharashtra, police said today.
The modus operandi of the trio was to target shops of electronic gagdets or electrical goods by calling up there and ordering for things by assuring that they would pay the amount once the goods reach them, Thane DSP Anil Kumbhare told reporters here last evening.
The shopkeepers, without any doubt, would then dispatch the goods and the trio would never return back to pay the bill, he said.
Later, the victim shopkeepers registered a complaint against the trio, Pravin Jain (42), Bhomaran Kumhar (40) and Dinesh Patel (24), all hailing from Rajasthan, following which police laid a trap and arrested them on Sunday.
"There are several cases registered against the trio for theft at Padgha, Kashimira, Virar, Thane city, Panvel, Pune rural and at several Gujarat police stations," Kumbhare said.
In Mumbai also similar thefts were reported at Paidhoni, Jogeshwari, LT Marg and Dadar and the crime branch were on a hunt for the accused.
The trio have so far duped various shopkeepers to the tune of Rs 8.50 lakh, police said, adding that the booty is yet to be recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi