Three held for running security agency with forged records
Thane: Three persons were on Friday arrested for allegedly forging the official stamps and signature of Thane Police Commissioner to run a security agency for employing guards in Mumbai and neighbouring areas of the district.
The accused, identified as - Radeshyam Tiwari, Rajesh Dubey and B R Yadav, forged the rubber stamps and signature of Thane Police Commissioner and pretended that they had obtained the permission for operating the security agency, Vijay Shinde, Inspector, Thane Crime Branch said.
The racket came to light during an inspection of the security establishments carried out by a police team.
The agency provided security services to more than 200 establishments, including banks and builders, in Thane and Mumbai, he said.
An offence has been registered with the Kasarwadavali police station, he said, adding that they have been charged under sections 420 (cheating), 465 (forgery), 468 and other relevant sections of the IPC.
Further investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere