Three held for running security agency with forged records
Thane: Three persons were on Friday arrested for allegedly forging the official stamps and signature of Thane Police Commissioner to run a security agency for employing guards in Mumbai and neighbouring areas of the district.
The accused, identified as - Radeshyam Tiwari, Rajesh Dubey and B R Yadav, forged the rubber stamps and signature of Thane Police Commissioner and pretended that they had obtained the permission for operating the security agency, Vijay Shinde, Inspector, Thane Crime Branch said.
The racket came to light during an inspection of the security establishments carried out by a police team.
The agency provided security services to more than 200 establishments, including banks and builders, in Thane and Mumbai, he said.
An offence has been registered with the Kasarwadavali police station, he said, adding that they have been charged under sections 420 (cheating), 465 (forgery), 468 and other relevant sections of the IPC.
Further investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000