Three held for running security agency with forged records
Thane: Three persons were on Friday arrested for allegedly forging the official stamps and signature of Thane Police Commissioner to run a security agency for employing guards in Mumbai and neighbouring areas of the district.
The accused, identified as - Radeshyam Tiwari, Rajesh Dubey and B R Yadav, forged the rubber stamps and signature of Thane Police Commissioner and pretended that they had obtained the permission for operating the security agency, Vijay Shinde, Inspector, Thane Crime Branch said.
The racket came to light during an inspection of the security establishments carried out by a police team.
The agency provided security services to more than 200 establishments, including banks and builders, in Thane and Mumbai, he said.
An offence has been registered with the Kasarwadavali police station, he said, adding that they have been charged under sections 420 (cheating), 465 (forgery), 468 and other relevant sections of the IPC.
Further investigation is on, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India