Three kids suffocate to death inside parked car
Thane: In a tragic incident, three children, including two siblings, died of suffocation after they got locked inside a car parked at a godown near their house while playing, police said on Thursday.
The incident occurred at Kalher village in Thane district.
The deceased were identified as Dileep Amar Maji (7), Ruby Amar Maji (5) and Raj Vinodsingh Soni (6), they said.
"The incident occurred yesterday when the children while playing near their house sneaked in one of the new cars parked at a godown nearby and could not come out," Assistant Inspector of Narpoli police station Vijay Malshe said.
The godown is located in the vicinity of the place of residence of the deceased, where new cars meant for delivery are parked in the open ground, he said.
Police said parents of the children lodged a complaint last night after their search to trace their wards proved futile, following which a team was dispatched to trace the missing kids.
The police team, on the information that the children were seen entering the storehouse, then started checking the place thoroughly and found the trio in one of the cars in the wee hours.
A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and the bodies were sent for post-mortem, police said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman