Three killed as under construction arch collapses
Nashik: Three persons, including a woman and
a child, were killed on the spot and another was injured when
an under construction `welcome arch` of the local civic body
collapsed on them today, police said.
The `welcome arch` of Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC),
which was being constructed at Soubhagya Nagar on Rashik-
Devlali Camp road, fell on an auto rickshaw, killing three of
its occupants and injuring the other, they said.
Mayor Naina Gholap-Walzade later told reporters that a
compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the families of the deceased
will be given.
She also asked NMC Commissioner Bhaskar Sanap to initiate
an inquiry into the mishap and file a criminal case against
the contractor and civic officials concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!