Three killed as under construction arch collapses
Nashik: Three persons, including a woman and
a child, were killed on the spot and another was injured when
an under construction `welcome arch` of the local civic body
collapsed on them today, police said.
The `welcome arch` of Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC),
which was being constructed at Soubhagya Nagar on Rashik-
Devlali Camp road, fell on an auto rickshaw, killing three of
its occupants and injuring the other, they said.
Mayor Naina Gholap-Walzade later told reporters that a
compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the families of the deceased
will be given.
She also asked NMC Commissioner Bhaskar Sanap to initiate
an inquiry into the mishap and file a criminal case against
the contractor and civic officials concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state