Three killed due to overcrowding on Central Railway locals in Mumbai
Mumbai: Overcrowding in suburban locals on the Central Railway line due to the mega block claimed three lives this afternoon in three separate incidents, police said.
"Three people were killed as they fell out of over crowded trains on the Central line," said a GRP official.
While two victims have been identified, the identity of the third one is being ascertained, officials said.
According to police, Deepesh Kadam (24) boarded a train for Kalyan but fell down between Ghatkopar and Vikhroli. While Ashok Shelar (34) lost his life after he fell down near Vikhroli station. The third victim fell near the same station.
Police said the trio were taken to the nearby government run Rajawadi hospital but were declared dead before admission.
Several Central Railway locals were cancelled today owing to the megablock, where in authorities began overhauling of mechanisms on railway lines since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling