Three killed during Holi celebrations in Thane
Thane: Three people were electrocuted in the
district late on Sunday night while they were watching the lighting up
of fire for the Holi festival.
All deceased were residents of Virar but their identities
were yet to be established, police said.
According to Virar police, electric poles were erected to
support the fire at the `mandvi` and live wires fell on the
victims who were leaning on the poles. They were electrocuted
Senior officials of the police station rushed to the
site and further investigations were in progress.
Residents of the area said such incidents are very rare
during the Holi celebrations in the past.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living