Thane: Three people were electrocuted in the
district late on Sunday night while they were watching the lighting up
of fire for the Holi festival.
All deceased were residents of Virar but their identities
were yet to be established, police said.
According to Virar police, electric poles were erected to
support the fire at the `mandvi` and live wires fell on the
victims who were leaning on the poles. They were electrocuted
Senior officials of the police station rushed to the
site and further investigations were in progress.
Residents of the area said such incidents are very rare
during the Holi celebrations in the past.