Three killed in factory fire in Maharashtra
Thane: At least three people were charred to death and another 15 were injured in a cloth factory fire in this Maharashtra district early Thursday, police said.
Though the exact cause of the fire is not yet clear, eight fire tenders managed to bring the blaze under control, a police officer said.
The fire engulfed the premises of Pooja Fabrics in Dombivali town, around 4.15 a.m. when the night shift employees were working there.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital and further investigations are underway, the officer said.
The factory is located in the industrial area run by Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000