Three killed in lightning in Osmanabad, Beed and Hingoli
Aurangabad: Three people including a
child were killed on Friday in the incidences of lightning, one
each in Osmanabad, Beed and Hingoli districts.
An SRP jawan was killed as lightning struck him at 3
pm today in Hingoli.
Rajkumar Dattatray Rekhale (45) a resident of Latur
was going towards his office when light showers of rain were
As he saw lightning in the clouds, he took shelter in
a nearby tree. But the lightning struck the tree, he sustained
grave burns and died on the spot, police said.
Rekhale had joined SRP on 1 July 1987. He served in
various places in Maharashtra and other state also.
In another similar incidence a farmer was killed in
Borisavargaon village of Kaij tehsil around 2.00 pm today.
Shreepad Subhash Dange was working in the farm when
the lightning struck and he breathed his last before being
taken to hospital.
In Osmanabad district a seven-year-old child died and
8 people were injured in lightning strikes in Osmanabad
district, they said.
Seven-year-old Shiva Dhashrat Zakanekar died in
lightning strike and his sister Sunita, Savita and Chanda were
injured, police said.
Similarly Trishala Shinde, Shivaji Bhosale, Rani
Mohite and her sister Chiew Gadhe were also injured in the
lightning in the district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!