Three killed in major fire at `Bombay House`
Mumbai: A major fire broke out on Wednesday in the `Bombay House` building in South Mumbai where offices of the Tata Group are located, killing three people.
The fire broke out at around 0920 hours in the basement of the Bombay House building, the headquarters of the Tata Group.
“The fire started in the basement. We rescued four persons and three of them have succumbed. The fire now is under control,” chief fire officer UK Tatkare told a television channel.
The fourth person has been rushed to Sir JJ Hospital for treatment.
Tatkare added that another two people were rescued from the terrace of the building by fire officials.
The cause of the fire and the extent of the damage is yet to be ascertained, the official said, adding the flames have been brought under control.
The area around Bombay House, located in the heart of Mumbai`s central business district, has been sealed to facilitate relief and rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened