Three killed in wall collapse in Pune
Pune: Three women were killed when the compound wall of a residential complex collapsed here following incessant rains that continued to lash the city, police said on Monday.
The mishap that claimed lives of three pedestrians happened when the 15-foot high wall at the back of the "Suvarnanand" society came crashing down on the adjacent road last night, police and fire brigade said.
Some vehicles too were damaged in the incident and were being removed from under the debris, they added.
Three middle aged victims were declared dead on arrival to hospital.
Heavy rains continued to lash the city since yesterday leading to disruption of traffic, frequent electricity failures in various parts even as civic staff cleared the streets of uprooted trees that fell in dozens blocking lanes.
The city recorded over 72 mm rainfall on Sunday with water levels in all reservoirs going up significantly following a week-long wet spell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read