Three MHADA women employees arrested, suspended in graft case
Nagpur: Maharashtra Revenue Minister
Balasaheb Thorat on Friday informed the State Legislative Assembly
that three women employees of Maharashtra Housing and
Development Authority have been suspended for allegedly
Raising the issue in the Lower House, Madhuri Mishal and
Girish Bapat asked why action was not taken against the
Thorat informed the House that Aarti Bhatkar, Rupa Mankar
and Usha Walvi were arrested by Anti-Corruption Bureau in
August for demanding and accepting Rs 3,000 from an applicant.
The members wanted to know why chargesheet was been filed
in the court.
Thorat said papers have been sent to Deputy Inspector
General of Registration for seeking permission for filing
chargesheet against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16