Three MHADA women employees arrested, suspended in graft case
Nagpur: Maharashtra Revenue Minister
Balasaheb Thorat on Friday informed the State Legislative Assembly
that three women employees of Maharashtra Housing and
Development Authority have been suspended for allegedly
Raising the issue in the Lower House, Madhuri Mishal and
Girish Bapat asked why action was not taken against the
Thorat informed the House that Aarti Bhatkar, Rupa Mankar
and Usha Walvi were arrested by Anti-Corruption Bureau in
August for demanding and accepting Rs 3,000 from an applicant.
The members wanted to know why chargesheet was been filed
in the court.
Thorat said papers have been sent to Deputy Inspector
General of Registration for seeking permission for filing
chargesheet against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...