Three MHADA women employees arrested, suspended in graft case
Nagpur: Maharashtra Revenue Minister
Balasaheb Thorat on Friday informed the State Legislative Assembly
that three women employees of Maharashtra Housing and
Development Authority have been suspended for allegedly
Raising the issue in the Lower House, Madhuri Mishal and
Girish Bapat asked why action was not taken against the
Thorat informed the House that Aarti Bhatkar, Rupa Mankar
and Usha Walvi were arrested by Anti-Corruption Bureau in
August for demanding and accepting Rs 3,000 from an applicant.
The members wanted to know why chargesheet was been filed
in the court.
Thorat said papers have been sent to Deputy Inspector
General of Registration for seeking permission for filing
chargesheet against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video