Three more arrested in Pune blasts case
Mumbai: Three more persons were on Thursday held in connection with the August Pune serial blasts, by the Maharashtra ATS, taking the total number of arrests in the case to seven.
According to ATS sources, another three persons -- Maonish Memon, Sayeed Kashif and Farooq Bagwan-- have been arrested in the Pune blasts case and the trio has been sent in ATS custody till January 1.
While Kashif was picked up from Aurangabad, two others were apprehended from Pune, they said.
Last week, four alleged IM operatives -- Asad Khan, Imran Khan, Sayeed Firoze and Langde Irfan -- in Delhi police custody, were formally arrested in the case by the State ATS after it sought custody of the four from a Delhi court, which issued a production warrant, ordering Delhi police to produce them in a Pune court. They were remanded in police custody till January 1.
On August 1 this year, four co-ordinated low intensity explosions at the busy arterial Junglee Maharaj road near Bal Gandharv theatre, Dena bank branch, McDonald’s outlet and Garware bridge, had struck Pune, raising a terror spectre.
The first explosion went off at Bal Gandharv theatre in which one person was seriously injured. The explosion outside McDonald’s went off in a dustbin while blast near Garware bridge and Dena Bank were caused by explosives strapped on bicycles.
Pune was rocked by a bomb blast at German Bakery in February 2010 in which 15 people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead