Three more arrested in Pune blasts case
Mumbai: Three more persons were on Thursday held in connection with the August Pune serial blasts, by the Maharashtra ATS, taking the total number of arrests in the case to seven.
According to ATS sources, another three persons -- Maonish Memon, Sayeed Kashif and Farooq Bagwan-- have been arrested in the Pune blasts case and the trio has been sent in ATS custody till January 1.
While Kashif was picked up from Aurangabad, two others were apprehended from Pune, they said.
Last week, four alleged IM operatives -- Asad Khan, Imran Khan, Sayeed Firoze and Langde Irfan -- in Delhi police custody, were formally arrested in the case by the State ATS after it sought custody of the four from a Delhi court, which issued a production warrant, ordering Delhi police to produce them in a Pune court. They were remanded in police custody till January 1.
On August 1 this year, four co-ordinated low intensity explosions at the busy arterial Junglee Maharaj road near Bal Gandharv theatre, Dena bank branch, Mcdonald outlet and Garware bridge, had struck Pune, raising a terror specter.
The first explosion went off at Bal Gandharv theatre in which one person was seriously injured. The explosion outside Mcdonald went off in a dustbin while blast near Garware bridge and Dena Bank were caused by explosives strapped on bicycles.
Pune was rocked by a bomb blast at German Bakery in February 2010 in which 15 people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested