Three more arrested in Pune blasts case
Mumbai: Three more persons were on Thursday held in connection with the August Pune serial blasts, by the Maharashtra ATS, taking the total number of arrests in the case to seven.
According to ATS sources, another three persons -- Maonish Memon, Sayeed Kashif and Farooq Bagwan-- have been arrested in the Pune blasts case and the trio has been sent in ATS custody till January 1.
While Kashif was picked up from Aurangabad, two others were apprehended from Pune, they said.
Last week, four alleged IM operatives -- Asad Khan, Imran Khan, Sayeed Firoze and Langde Irfan -- in Delhi police custody, were formally arrested in the case by the State ATS after it sought custody of the four from a Delhi court, which issued a production warrant, ordering Delhi police to produce them in a Pune court. They were remanded in police custody till January 1.
On August 1 this year, four co-ordinated low intensity explosions at the busy arterial Junglee Maharaj road near Bal Gandharv theatre, Dena bank branch, Mcdonald outlet and Garware bridge, had struck Pune, raising a terror specter.
The first explosion went off at Bal Gandharv theatre in which one person was seriously injured. The explosion outside Mcdonald went off in a dustbin while blast near Garware bridge and Dena Bank were caused by explosives strapped on bicycles.
Pune was rocked by a bomb blast at German Bakery in February 2010 in which 15 people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt