Three Mumbai students drown in waterfall
Thane: A weekend outing turned tragic for three Mumbai students when they drowned in a waterfall in Maharashtra`s Thane district, police said on Monday.
The three had gone for a swim near Vasai`s Tungareshwar waterfall, a popular weekend picnic spot, around 60 km north of Mumbai, said police inspector CM Jadhav.
"They were not expert swimmers and probably could not gauge the depth of water and drowned," Jadhav told a news agency.
The bodies of Sonu Kanojia, 19, Mayur Waghmare, 19 and Abhishek More, 21 were recovered late Sunday. They will be handed over to their families later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation