Three Mumbai students drown in waterfall
Thane: A weekend outing turned tragic for three Mumbai students when they drowned in a waterfall in Maharashtra`s Thane district, police said on Monday.
The three had gone for a swim near Vasai`s Tungareshwar waterfall, a popular weekend picnic spot, around 60 km north of Mumbai, said police inspector CM Jadhav.
"They were not expert swimmers and probably could not gauge the depth of water and drowned," Jadhav told a news agency.
The bodies of Sonu Kanojia, 19, Mayur Waghmare, 19 and Abhishek More, 21 were recovered late Sunday. They will be handed over to their families later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends