Three Mumbai students drown in waterfall
Thane: A weekend outing turned tragic for three Mumbai students when they drowned in a waterfall in Maharashtra`s Thane district, police said on Monday.
The three had gone for a swim near Vasai`s Tungareshwar waterfall, a popular weekend picnic spot, around 60 km north of Mumbai, said police inspector CM Jadhav.
"They were not expert swimmers and probably could not gauge the depth of water and drowned," Jadhav told a news agency.
The bodies of Sonu Kanojia, 19, Mayur Waghmare, 19 and Abhishek More, 21 were recovered late Sunday. They will be handed over to their families later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missing Batla House encounter suspects Sajid, Rashid appear in ISIS video on Indian 'Jihadists'
- 'BJP will get clear majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections; SP, BSP will give fight in some seats'
- BCCI contemplating over holding mini-IPL in September: Report
- Will Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif be back together?
- A time of goodness, justice and peace is now going to begin in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan