Three naxals killed in Bhatpar encounter identified: Police
Gadchiroli: Three of the five Naxals who were killed in an encounter in Bhatpar jungle in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra on April 4 had been identified, police said on Saturday.
Rahul Shrirame, Additional SP, Pranhita Division, said that the killed naxals included Rita (25), a resident of Bastar in Chhattisgarh; Sarita alias Jyoti (22), a resident of Gatta Jambiya, and Bhumanna alias Dulsha Gawde (24), a resident of Boriya (Tadgaon), both in Gadchiroli district.
While Bhumanna`s relatives took his body to his native village for last rites, Sarita`s relatives too had contacted the police, he said.
According to police, many more naxals were possibly killed in the encounter, but their companions carried off the bodies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India