Three naxals killed in Bhatpar encounter identified: Police
Gadchiroli: Three of the five Naxals who were killed in an encounter in Bhatpar jungle in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra on April 4 had been identified, police said on Saturday.
Rahul Shrirame, Additional SP, Pranhita Division, said that the killed naxals included Rita (25), a resident of Bastar in Chhattisgarh; Sarita alias Jyoti (22), a resident of Gatta Jambiya, and Bhumanna alias Dulsha Gawde (24), a resident of Boriya (Tadgaon), both in Gadchiroli district.
While Bhumanna`s relatives took his body to his native village for last rites, Sarita`s relatives too had contacted the police, he said.
According to police, many more naxals were possibly killed in the encounter, but their companions carried off the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday