Three persons killed by naxalites in Gadchiroli
Nagpur: Three persons, including a Police Patil, were allegedly gunned down by a group of naxalites at a village in Maoist-hit Gadchiroli district, police said on Thursday.
Jaspal Singh (60) and Mallikarujun Reddy (45), both from a private steel plant which had been alloted block for mining, along with Police Patil Raju Sadaphad (65) had gone to Mange village for holding negotiations with the alleged naxalites, who were opposing mining, they said.
At around 9 PM on Wednesday, the trio were allegedly gunned down by the outlawed Maoists at the village near Surjagarh in Gadchiroli, police said.
The private steel company has been allocated a block near mineral rich Surjagarh and naxals are opposed to mining there, police sources added.
Police Patils perform minor policing duties in Maharashtra villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam