Three youths booked for blackmailing teenage girl
Mumbai: A manhunt has been launched for
three youths who allegedly extorted Rs 7.70 lakh in cash and
gold bangles from a college student by threatening to make
public her photographs in which she was in an "inebriated"
state, police said.
Tavesh Madani, Karan Madani and Mahesh K, residents of
suburban Charkop, had forcibly taken Rs 3.50 lakh cash and two
gold bangles worth Rs 4.22 lakh from the victim since August
2009, they said.
According to the police, the victim, a First Year
Commerce Student in a college in suburban Bandra, had met the
three through a common friend. The five became friends and
often used to frequent pubs in the city.
One day, the trio allegedly spiked the victim`s soft
drink with `vodka` following which she fell unconscious and
the three then clicked her photographs, they said.
Since then they allegedly started blackmailing her.
Afraid of their threats the victim gave them money and they
also took gold bangles from her, police said.
When the victim`s mother shouted at her asking about
the bangles, she narrated the incident following which a case
was registered and further probe was on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match