Three youths booked for blackmailing teenage girl
Mumbai: A manhunt has been launched for
three youths who allegedly extorted Rs 7.70 lakh in cash and
gold bangles from a college student by threatening to make
public her photographs in which she was in an "inebriated"
state, police said.
Tavesh Madani, Karan Madani and Mahesh K, residents of
suburban Charkop, had forcibly taken Rs 3.50 lakh cash and two
gold bangles worth Rs 4.22 lakh from the victim since August
2009, they said.
According to the police, the victim, a First Year
Commerce Student in a college in suburban Bandra, had met the
three through a common friend. The five became friends and
often used to frequent pubs in the city.
One day, the trio allegedly spiked the victim`s soft
drink with `vodka` following which she fell unconscious and
the three then clicked her photographs, they said.
Since then they allegedly started blackmailing her.
Afraid of their threats the victim gave them money and they
also took gold bangles from her, police said.
When the victim`s mother shouted at her asking about
the bangles, she narrated the incident following which a case
was registered and further probe was on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!