Three youths booked for blackmailing teenage girl
Mumbai: A manhunt has been launched for
three youths who allegedly extorted Rs 7.70 lakh in cash and
gold bangles from a college student by threatening to make
public her photographs in which she was in an "inebriated"
state, police said.
Tavesh Madani, Karan Madani and Mahesh K, residents of
suburban Charkop, had forcibly taken Rs 3.50 lakh cash and two
gold bangles worth Rs 4.22 lakh from the victim since August
2009, they said.
According to the police, the victim, a First Year
Commerce Student in a college in suburban Bandra, had met the
three through a common friend. The five became friends and
often used to frequent pubs in the city.
One day, the trio allegedly spiked the victim`s soft
drink with `vodka` following which she fell unconscious and
the three then clicked her photographs, they said.
Since then they allegedly started blackmailing her.
Afraid of their threats the victim gave them money and they
also took gold bangles from her, police said.
When the victim`s mother shouted at her asking about
the bangles, she narrated the incident following which a case
was registered and further probe was on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon