Three youths booked for blackmailing teenage girl
Mumbai: A manhunt has been launched for
three youths who allegedly extorted Rs 7.70 lakh in cash and
gold bangles from a college student by threatening to make
public her photographs in which she was in an "inebriated"
state, police said.
Tavesh Madani, Karan Madani and Mahesh K, residents of
suburban Charkop, had forcibly taken Rs 3.50 lakh cash and two
gold bangles worth Rs 4.22 lakh from the victim since August
2009, they said.
According to the police, the victim, a First Year
Commerce Student in a college in suburban Bandra, had met the
three through a common friend. The five became friends and
often used to frequent pubs in the city.
One day, the trio allegedly spiked the victim`s soft
drink with `vodka` following which she fell unconscious and
the three then clicked her photographs, they said.
Since then they allegedly started blackmailing her.
Afraid of their threats the victim gave them money and they
also took gold bangles from her, police said.
When the victim`s mother shouted at her asking about
the bangles, she narrated the incident following which a case
was registered and further probe was on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam