Three youths booked for blackmailing teenage girl
Mumbai: A manhunt has been launched for
three youths who allegedly extorted Rs 7.70 lakh in cash and
gold bangles from a college student by threatening to make
public her photographs in which she was in an "inebriated"
state, police said.
Tavesh Madani, Karan Madani and Mahesh K, residents of
suburban Charkop, had forcibly taken Rs 3.50 lakh cash and two
gold bangles worth Rs 4.22 lakh from the victim since August
2009, they said.
According to the police, the victim, a First Year
Commerce Student in a college in suburban Bandra, had met the
three through a common friend. The five became friends and
often used to frequent pubs in the city.
One day, the trio allegedly spiked the victim`s soft
drink with `vodka` following which she fell unconscious and
the three then clicked her photographs, they said.
Since then they allegedly started blackmailing her.
Afraid of their threats the victim gave them money and they
also took gold bangles from her, police said.
When the victim`s mother shouted at her asking about
the bangles, she narrated the incident following which a case
was registered and further probe was on, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?