Three youths detained for creating ruckus at Maharashtra CM`s function
Nashik: Three young members of a little- known Maratha outfit were taken into custody for creating ruckus during Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s address at a flyover inauguration function, police said on Saturday.
Manoj alias Raosaheb Patil-Jadange (28), Amol Keshav Pandit (23) and Suresh Gyaneshwar Gund (25), all associated with `Shivba Sanghatana`, were taken into custody here last evening, they said in a release.
Patil-Jadange is founder president of the Sanghatana. All three hail from Jalna and Aurangabad districts of Marathwada region.
They shouted slogans demanding reservation for Maratha community when Chavan was speaking at an auditorium after inauguration of the 6-km long flyover here, police said.
The trio was immediately whisked away by policemen present in the hall and taken to a police station, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites