Three youths detained for creating ruckus at Maharashtra CM`s function
Nashik: Three young members of a little- known Maratha outfit were taken into custody for creating ruckus during Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s address at a flyover inauguration function, police said on Saturday.
Manoj alias Raosaheb Patil-Jadange (28), Amol Keshav Pandit (23) and Suresh Gyaneshwar Gund (25), all associated with `Shivba Sanghatana`, were taken into custody here last evening, they said in a release.
Patil-Jadange is founder president of the Sanghatana. All three hail from Jalna and Aurangabad districts of Marathwada region.
They shouted slogans demanding reservation for Maratha community when Chavan was speaking at an auditorium after inauguration of the 6-km long flyover here, police said.
The trio was immediately whisked away by policemen present in the hall and taken to a police station, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends