Tight security for Pak prisoners in Maharashtra ja
Mumbai: Following the brutal assault on Indian national Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistan jail, security of neighbouring country`s prisoners in Maharashtra jails has been tightened, a senior police official said.
Additional Director General of Police (prisons) Meera Borwankar told PTI that the security of Pakistani prisoners in Maharashtra jails has been beefed up following the Sarabjit Singh incident.
However, Borwankar did not elaborate the security measures taken to avoid such incidents in the state jails.
There are at least five Pakistani prisoners in Nashik and Aurangabad jails in the state, said another police officer.
The Union Home Ministry had given instructions following which the security of Pakistani prisoners has been increased as a precautionary measure, police added.
Special attention was also being given to the bomb blasts accused lodged in various jails in the state, police said.
Sarabjit, 49, sustained several injuries, including a skull fracture, when six prisoners attacked him in Kot Lakhpat Jail on last Friday. He was hit on the head with bricks and his neck and torso cut with sharp objects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars