Tight security, insurance cover for Lalbaugcha Raja
Mumbai: Mumbai`s famous Lalbaugcha Raja Ganesh mandal will this time witness heightened security and an increased insurance cover of Rs 14 crore, in wake of the triple blasts here on July 13.
Ganesh Chaturthi that begins tomorrow is the biggest festival in Maharashtra and Lalbaugcha Raja is one of the oldest and the most popular mandals in the metropolis attracting around 1 crore devotees including filmstars and politicians following, which tight arrangements have been made.
"It has been noticed that every year before the Ganesh festival some untoward incident takes place. To ensure a safe festival, we have enhanced our security this time. We have deployed 300 private guards, last year there were 200. Also, the numbers of CCTV cameras have been increased from 35 to around 70," Lalbaugcha Raja President Ashok Pawar told a news agency.
Also, there will be metal detector door frames and handheld detectors. Besides police security, we will also have our around 2,500 volunteers, he said.
The mandal has also secured an insurance policy worth Rs 14 crore in case of any eventuality.
"The mandal has been insured for Rs 14 crore, an increase of Rs 4 crores. Devotees have been insured for Rs 5 crores, last year the insurance cover for them was Rs 3 crore. For jewelery of the deity Rs 6 crores have been kept aside; Last year it was Rs 4 crore. The insurance cover for pandal remains same Rs 3 crore," Pawar said.
Last year, the mandal had erected an air-conditioned pavilion for devotees but this time it has been withdrawn.
"To enable better circulation of air, we had installed AC. But the effect was not cooling and there were suffocation complaints. We have put of lot of fans this year," he said.
The organisers have reduced the height of the stage from 3 ft to 1.5 ft. "We have done this for devotees so that they find it easier to touch the deity and seek his blessings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?