Time has come to wash away sins of Congress, NCP in Maharashtra: PM Modi
A day after holding several rallies in poll-bound Haryana, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday began a high-voltage election campaign for his party BJP in the poll-bound Maharashtra.
Mumbai: A day after holding several rallies in poll-bound Haryana, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday began a high-voltage election campaign for his party BJP in the poll-bound Maharashtra.
Here are the live updates:
- PM Modi concludes speech
- I appeal to you to give a huge mandate to the BJP here, we will ensure that you get your dues, says PM
- Time has come to wash away sins of Congress, NCP In Maharashtra: PM
- Congress made a Scam Maharashtra. We want to make it a Skilled Maharashtra: PM
- “Farm to Fiber to Fabric to Fashion to Foreign. This is my F5 formula, with this my farmer will be happy''
- My work is for the poor: PM
- Those born in big houses served the big people. I am born in a poor household and I will serve the poor: PM Modi
- Your dreams are mine, It is my responsibility to fulfil them, says PM
- This time both Congress and NCP will not even reach closer to two digits in polls here, says PM
- Congress faced such a rout in the Lok Sabha polls that it lost the LoP post, says PM
- PM takes a dig at ex-CM Prithviraj Chavan, says under Congress-NCP rule CMs have come and gone.
- Since their birth, the clock of the NCP has changed. Do you expect them to take Maharashtra ahead: PM
- Did the Congress ever gave answers, asks PM
- For 60 years, Congress ruled from panchayat till the Parliament, did they ever give a report card of their work, asks PM
- PM begins addressing a rally in Khamgaon
- PM Narendra Modi reaches Khamgaon (Buldhana) in Maharshtra
- On October 15, you will be liberated from 15 years of inaction and corruption: PMi
- Oct 15 is an opportunity to end wrongs and corruption going on for 15 years, appeals PM
- Building Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat to give you electricity: PM
- 'My govt is dedicated to the poor. We want to do big things for the poorest of the poor.'
- The wait is over. It is a matter of a week for things to change: PM
- Those at the doorstep of defeat...for you going to people is bad but for me to go among people is an honour: PM Modi
- Congress and NCP leaders have ben asking will the PM visit Talukas. I came earlier too that time they didn't say it: PM
- I have not grown up in palaces or into families where there were leaders and PMs. I am born in a poor family: Modi
- Now I see why the two parties are troubled by the amount of people who have turned up to listen to me: PM
- Wondered why Congress & NCP is troubled by my visit to Maharashtra. Says PM
- PM Modi Narendra Modi arrives in Jalgaon to campaign for his party.
- On October 15 Maharashtra will be Congress free, says Modi
- Modi terms Congress-led government in Maharashtra as "murderer of farmers".
- Congress govt responsible for farmers' suicide in Maharashtra, alleges PM
- Don't need to take pictures with poor people, I grew up with them. Have come from amidst you, that's why my Govt wants to work for poor people: PM
- Taken several steps for the poor. I have seen poverty. I have grown up in poverty and have experienced what it is: PM
- PM Modi responds to Raj Thackeray's charge, says he is working for all, not just for Gujarat.
- Without Mumbai there is no Maharashtra and without Maharashtra there is no India: PM
- Didn't corruption happen in irrigation sector? Weren't you supposed to get water? Did you get it? But their bank accounts got filled: PM
- Is there anyone born who can divide Chhatrapati Shivaji's Maharashtra?
- Till I am in Delhi I assure you no power will be able to break Maharashtra, says PM
- No question of separating Mumbai from Maharashtra, says PM
- After cotton and onion they started another lie that Maharashtra will be divided! Can anyone do this: PM
- “For 60 years Congress wasn't accountable to the people, how can they now ask me for an account?”
- Did Congress talk about their work for 60 years, when they were in power right from the Panchayat to Parliament?, asks PM
- We are not like the Congress. We do not make false promises: PM
- Congress leaders believe in spreading lies and feel by repeating it, the people will believe. But no longer, says PM
- “Election fever is making people who are on the verge of defeat to speak lies. Such politics went on for 60 years”
- PM Modi slams Congress for spreading false rumours about Maharashtra's bifurcation.
- We never make promises to win elections. We make promises to transform lives of tribal communities: PM Modi
- That is why I have come back to remind you of the promises I had made to you. I will give a detailed report of my work to you: PM Modi
- I came here for the 2nd time in four months: Narendra Modi
- Politicians have the habit of making promises during campaigns & then forgetting them. But I am not a politician but your sevak: PM Modi
- PM Modi begins addressing rally in Sindkheda.
- PM Narendra Modi arrives in Sindkheda (Dhule) in Maharashtra.
PM Modi had on Monday campaigned for BJP candidates in Haryana and slammed the Congress government in the state for not doing enough for the people of the state. Maharashtra is headed for a multi-cornered fight and the PM is trying to put his best foot forward. Modi's last rally will be at Tapovan ground before he departs from the Nasik airport. This will be the third day of Modi's high-profile campaign blitz in Maharashtra.
The BJP is contesting on 257 seats and is banking on the 'Modi wave ' as this is the first time in 25 years that the party is fighting an election in the state without its oldest ally, the Shiv Sena led by Uddhav Thackeray.