TMC launches survey of properties in Mumbra using GIS
Thane (Maha): A spate of incidents of building collapse in the district in the recent past has prompted the Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) to carry out a survey of properties in Mumbra township by using Geographic Information System (GIS).
TMC Commissioner Aseem Gupta gave this information in an official release here today.
"This would help undertake the cluster development of the town in Thane district, which is congested and is a haven for unauthorised and illegal constructions," Gupta stated in the release.
In the survey, details of the property owner, occupants, road number, survey number, land usage and others would be fed into the Google map.
He said that a lot of work has already been done in this direction in other parts of Thane city.
1,44,109 huts in slums in the city, 430 partial constructions, 2,11,723 flats, and 9,46,100 sq ft of commercial parks, 2,51,267 sq ft of area covering schools, hospitals, bank etc, and 1,64,560 sq ft of parking area and also an area of 7,23,967 sq ft of industrial area has been covered under the present survey he said.
Gupta had recently held a meeting of the elected representatives from Mumbra and apprised them of the importance of undertaking such a survey and also underlined its importance to provide basic civic amenities, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch