TMC launches survey of properties in Mumbra using GIS
Thane (Maha): A spate of incidents of building collapse in the district in the recent past has prompted the Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) to carry out a survey of properties in Mumbra township by using Geographic Information System (GIS).
TMC Commissioner Aseem Gupta gave this information in an official release here today.
"This would help undertake the cluster development of the town in Thane district, which is congested and is a haven for unauthorised and illegal constructions," Gupta stated in the release.
In the survey, details of the property owner, occupants, road number, survey number, land usage and others would be fed into the Google map.
He said that a lot of work has already been done in this direction in other parts of Thane city.
1,44,109 huts in slums in the city, 430 partial constructions, 2,11,723 flats, and 9,46,100 sq ft of commercial parks, 2,51,267 sq ft of area covering schools, hospitals, bank etc, and 1,64,560 sq ft of parking area and also an area of 7,23,967 sq ft of industrial area has been covered under the present survey he said.
Gupta had recently held a meeting of the elected representatives from Mumbra and apprised them of the importance of undertaking such a survey and also underlined its importance to provide basic civic amenities, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account