TMC plans to raise memorial of Bal Thackeray
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation, in its 2014-15 budget, has proposed to raise late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s memorial at a cost of Rs 3.50 crore.
Thane Municipal Commissioner Aseem Gupta told this to reporters here yesterday during the presentation of budget.
"A sum of Rs 3.50 crore has been allocated in the budget this year. The memorial will have a pyramid-like structure, recreation ground, meditation and yoga spaces, light and sound show, caricature and art gallery and library, among other things," he said.
The project will come up on the reserved plot in Teen Hath Naka locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda