TMC plans to raise memorial of Bal Thackeray
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation, in its 2014-15 budget, has proposed to raise late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s memorial at a cost of Rs 3.50 crore.
Thane Municipal Commissioner Aseem Gupta told this to reporters here yesterday during the presentation of budget.
"A sum of Rs 3.50 crore has been allocated in the budget this year. The memorial will have a pyramid-like structure, recreation ground, meditation and yoga spaces, light and sound show, caricature and art gallery and library, among other things," he said.
The project will come up on the reserved plot in Teen Hath Naka locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation