TMC plans to raise memorial of Bal Thackeray
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation, in its 2014-15 budget, has proposed to raise late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray`s memorial at a cost of Rs 3.50 crore.
Thane Municipal Commissioner Aseem Gupta told this to reporters here yesterday during the presentation of budget.
"A sum of Rs 3.50 crore has been allocated in the budget this year. The memorial will have a pyramid-like structure, recreation ground, meditation and yoga spaces, light and sound show, caricature and art gallery and library, among other things," he said.
The project will come up on the reserved plot in Teen Hath Naka locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use