TMC to name sports university after Bal Thackeray
Thane: The Shiv Sena-ruled Thane Municipal
Corporation (TMC) on Thursday resolved to name the proposed Sports
University in the city after the party supremo Bal Thackeray.
The general body meeting of the Corporation today passed
a resolution to this effect.
Mayor Ashok Vaity said in a press release that a piece of
land at Kolshet originally meant for a park has been earmarked
for the proposed sports university which will cater to the
needs of various sports and would not be confined only to
cricket, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win