TMC to name sports university after Bal Thackeray
Thane: The Shiv Sena-ruled Thane Municipal
Corporation (TMC) on Thursday resolved to name the proposed Sports
University in the city after the party supremo Bal Thackeray.
The general body meeting of the Corporation today passed
a resolution to this effect.
Mayor Ashok Vaity said in a press release that a piece of
land at Kolshet originally meant for a park has been earmarked
for the proposed sports university which will cater to the
needs of various sports and would not be confined only to
cricket, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days