TMC to name sports university after Bal Thackeray
Thane: The Shiv Sena-ruled Thane Municipal
Corporation (TMC) on Thursday resolved to name the proposed Sports
University in the city after the party supremo Bal Thackeray.
The general body meeting of the Corporation today passed
a resolution to this effect.
Mayor Ashok Vaity said in a press release that a piece of
land at Kolshet originally meant for a park has been earmarked
for the proposed sports university which will cater to the
needs of various sports and would not be confined only to
cricket, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach