TMC to name sports university after Bal Thackeray
Thane: The Shiv Sena-ruled Thane Municipal
Corporation (TMC) on Thursday resolved to name the proposed Sports
University in the city after the party supremo Bal Thackeray.
The general body meeting of the Corporation today passed
a resolution to this effect.
Mayor Ashok Vaity said in a press release that a piece of
land at Kolshet originally meant for a park has been earmarked
for the proposed sports university which will cater to the
needs of various sports and would not be confined only to
cricket, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30