Toll booth fracas: Shiv Sena MLA booked for molestation, other offences
Nashik: Offences, including molestation, have been registered against a Shiv Sena MLA Anil Kadam, who had allegedly abused women staff at a toll-booth near Pimpalgaon Baswant on Mumbai-Agra National Highway three days back, police said on Sunday.
Kadam yesterday tendered his resignation from the Assembly membership over the incident.
Video footage aired by a private news channel had purportedly showed Kadam abusing the all-female staff at the booth three days ago.
Police said Kadam apparently lost his cool because the staff demanded toll from him, while the MLAs are exempted from toll. He was travelling in a private car at the time.
Police have registered offences against the Sena leader under sections 451 (house-trespass in order to commit offence punishable with imprisonment), 354 (a)(assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 427 (mischief causing damage), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 and 507, they said.
Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray told reporters here last night that he will take a decision on the resignation of Kadam in Mumbai, but admitted that his behaviour with toll-booth women staff was not proper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player