Toll booth fracas: Shiv Sena MLA booked for molestation, other offences
Nashik: Offences, including molestation, have been registered against a Shiv Sena MLA Anil Kadam, who had allegedly abused women staff at a toll-booth near Pimpalgaon Baswant on Mumbai-Agra National Highway three days back, police said on Sunday.
Kadam yesterday tendered his resignation from the Assembly membership over the incident.
Video footage aired by a private news channel had purportedly showed Kadam abusing the all-female staff at the booth three days ago.
Police said Kadam apparently lost his cool because the staff demanded toll from him, while the MLAs are exempted from toll. He was travelling in a private car at the time.
Police have registered offences against the Sena leader under sections 451 (house-trespass in order to commit offence punishable with imprisonment), 354 (a)(assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 427 (mischief causing damage), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 and 507, they said.
Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray told reporters here last night that he will take a decision on the resignation of Kadam in Mumbai, but admitted that his behaviour with toll-booth women staff was not proper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next