Toll booths attack: Will Raj Thackeray be arrested today?
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray will on Thursday appear before a court here, in connection with the recent attacks on toll booths.
Thackeray is currently on way to Pune from Mumbai, and there is speculation that the MNS chief could be arrested in connection with the case lodged against him.
Two case were registered against Thackeray yesterday for allegedly inciting violence and engendering public peace.
The cases were lodged after MNS workers vandalised toll booths in the state on Tuesday, after Thackeray issued a diktat not to pay the road levy. The MNS chief had even said that those who raise a voice against his diktat should be thrashed.
The first case was registered with Rajgad police station in Bhor taluka against Thackeray for damage to the toll collection centre at Khed-Shivapur on Pune-Satara Road.
A similar offence was registered with Loni Kalbhor police where another toll booth was vandalised by MNS activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mobile, internet services restored in Jammu, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley
- GST expectations buoy equity markets; Sensex trading at 28,121
- Four Pakistan-backed terrorists killed, 1 apprehended in J&K's Naugam, encounter on
- National Museum gets new chief and he has an Ayodhya connection
- Solar Impulse 2 completes historic round-the-world trip: Incredible welcome for pilots in Abu Dhabi (Watch)