Toll booths attack: Will Raj Thackeray be arrested today?
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray will on Thursday appear before a court here, in connection with the recent attacks on toll booths.
Thackeray is currently on way to Pune from Mumbai, and there is speculation that the MNS chief could be arrested in connection with the case lodged against him.
Two case were registered against Thackeray yesterday for allegedly inciting violence and engendering public peace.
The cases were lodged after MNS workers vandalised toll booths in the state on Tuesday, after Thackeray issued a diktat not to pay the road levy. The MNS chief had even said that those who raise a voice against his diktat should be thrashed.
The first case was registered with Rajgad police station in Bhor taluka against Thackeray for damage to the toll collection centre at Khed-Shivapur on Pune-Satara Road.
A similar offence was registered with Loni Kalbhor police where another toll booth was vandalised by MNS activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back