Toll booths attack: Will Raj Thackeray be arrested today?
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray will on Thursday appear before a court here, in connection with the recent attacks on toll booths.
Thackeray is currently on way to Pune from Mumbai, and there is speculation that the MNS chief could be arrested in connection with the case lodged against him.
Two case were registered against Thackeray yesterday for allegedly inciting violence and engendering public peace.
The cases were lodged after MNS workers vandalised toll booths in the state on Tuesday, after Thackeray issued a diktat not to pay the road levy. The MNS chief had even said that those who raise a voice against his diktat should be thrashed.
The first case was registered with Rajgad police station in Bhor taluka against Thackeray for damage to the toll collection centre at Khed-Shivapur on Pune-Satara Road.
A similar offence was registered with Loni Kalbhor police where another toll booth was vandalised by MNS activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog