Top cop urges citizens to eliminate Naxalite probl
Gadchiroli: Gadchiroli Superintendent (SP) of Police Mohammed Suvez Haque has called upon the people to come forward and take the initiative to eliminate the Naxalite problem from the district.
Addressing an anti-Naxalite peace rally at Armori today, he said that Gadchiroli district has been plagued by Naxalism.
"Several innocent people are being killed by them unnecessarily and the development of the district has also been stalled. To end this problem, citizens should come forward," he said.
The rally which was flagged off by him in the presence of public representatives and government officials culminated into a public meeting in the premises of the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren