Top Maoist `Asanna` from Andhra Pradesh enters Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A top Maoist, who was allegedly involved in a number of attacks on political leaders, including former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, has entered Gadchiroli, police said on Tuesday.
The Maoist Thakkalpalli Vasudeorao, alias `Asanna` alias `Satish` alias `Vasu` alias `Sujit` (46), who carries a reward of Rs 25 lakh on his head, is alleged to be involved in murderous attacks on various top police officials and VIPs in Andhra Pradesh, Superintendent of Police Mohammed Suvez Haque told reporters today.
`Asanna` is a member of Communist Party of India (Maoist) Central Military Commission and its Dandakaranya Special Zonal Committee.
`Asanna` was allegedly involved in the attack on former Chandrababu Naidu near Tirupati in 2003, the murder of Andhra DIG Vyas near Lal Bahadur Stadium, killing of Karimnagar SP Umesh Chandra and also murder of Atmapur MLA Vengal Reddy. A reward of Rs 25 lakhs has been declared on his head by the police.
The Gadchiroli police also declared a prize of Rs 1 lakh to those informing his whereabouts and promised to keep the name of the informer secret.
The Gadchiroli police have also published pamphlets carrying his picture and circulated them in the district. He is now believed to be active in Gadchiroli and Gondia areas, the police said.
Meanwhile, Maoists set off a powerful blast near Heti village in Dhanora taluka of the district just 200 metres away from Dhanora police station this afternoon when the police were organising a three-day public awareness camp.
Hearing the sound of the blast, the police rushed to the spot but on seeing the police arriving, the Maoists ran away into the nearby forest. However, there was no any injury to anybody in this incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur