Tragic end of five-day-old infant in Nagpur`s Govt hospital
Nagpur: A five-day-old infant, one of the
twin child of a young village woman, met with an untimely
death in the Government Medical College and Hospital here, the
hospital sources and police said today.
While admitting some lapses, Maharashtra Health
Minister Vijay Kumar Gavit ordered a probe into the causes
that led to the infant`s death.
The Police have registered a case of `accidental
death` (AD) at Ajni Police station under whose jurisdiction
the GMC falls.
According to police, one Durga Praveen Kale from Khedi
village from nearby Narkhed taluk delivered premature male
twins on February 17 with some complications in a private
hospital in Dhantoli.
Later, the couple shifted the twins to Government
Medical College and Hospital for recovery. Yesterday, one of
them was kept near a warmer and accidentally suffered severe
The parents alleged that the hospital staff did not
remove the warmer on time leading to burn injuries to the
Dean of the GMC was unavailable for comments as police
were investigating the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'