Train blasts case: HC allows accused to examine three DCPs
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Monday allowed some accused in the 7/11 serial train blasts case to examine three deputy commissioners of police, who recorded their confessions.
Justice A M Thipsay allowed the application filed by some of the accused in the train blasts case seeking direction to the special MCOCA court to permit them to examine the confessions of the suspected IM operatives and also the DCPs who recorded them.
The trial court can now summon the officials for examination by the accused`s lawyers.
The high court is, however, yet to pass its order on another application made by the accused seeking examination of investigating officers of the 7/11 blasts case and nodal officers of mobile service providers regarding availability of Call Data Records (CDRs).
According to the accused, the ATS had earlier in 2006, while seeking their remands, relied on these CDRs recovered from their mobile phones before their arrest, but had not produced them in the charge sheet filed against them.
Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) had earlier told the court that it had destroyed the copies of the CDRs pertaining to the 13 alleged SIMI activists arrested in the blasts case and that the originals were still available with the mobile service providers.
Justice Thipsay said he would pass order on the CDRs at a later stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- DNA: Today in History | May 24, 2016
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes oath as Chief Minister of Assam
- CBI raids Visva Bharati varsity, officers' residences
- Substantial decline in riots and communal incidents: Naqvi
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM