Train derail: Repair work continue at Jejuri station
Pune: Repair work continued on Thursday on the
railway tracks near Jejuri station, about 70 km from here,
even as authorities rescued all passengers after eight bogies
of Mysore-Ajmer express derailed, injuring ten people,
The train which carried passengers, mostly from
Rajasthan and Gujarat, derailed last evening just after it
left the Jejuri station on Pune-Miraj section of Central
Seven out of the ten injured passengers were
discharged after treatment at a hospital at Jejuri, about 70
km from here, while three others were brought to Pune,
officials said, adding there was no casualty in the mishap
that occurred when heavy rains lashed the area.
Rains and darkness hampered rescue operations even as
the stranded passengers were brought to Pune station by state
transport buses by railway administration.
Meanwhile, south-bound trains on the section have been
diverted, a Central railway spokesman said adding normal
services on the route were expected by this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days