Train derail: Repair work continue at Jejuri station
Pune: Repair work continued on Thursday on the
railway tracks near Jejuri station, about 70 km from here,
even as authorities rescued all passengers after eight bogies
of Mysore-Ajmer express derailed, injuring ten people,
The train which carried passengers, mostly from
Rajasthan and Gujarat, derailed last evening just after it
left the Jejuri station on Pune-Miraj section of Central
Seven out of the ten injured passengers were
discharged after treatment at a hospital at Jejuri, about 70
km from here, while three others were brought to Pune,
officials said, adding there was no casualty in the mishap
that occurred when heavy rains lashed the area.
Rains and darkness hampered rescue operations even as
the stranded passengers were brought to Pune station by state
transport buses by railway administration.
Meanwhile, south-bound trains on the section have been
diverted, a Central railway spokesman said adding normal
services on the route were expected by this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug