Train services on Konkan route restored
Panaji: Rail traffic on the Konkan route was
restored Sunday morning, after the slush accumulated on the
tracks for the past two days, was cleared, officials said.
The tracks at Pomendi in Ratnagiri section of Maharashtra
were filled with slush due to incessant rains that has hit the
Konkan region since last four days.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Public Relation
Manager Baban Ghatge said that the tracks were restored on
Sunday at 3.30 am and rail traffic has resumed from 6.27 am.
The slush, which had accumulated on the tracks at Pomendi
on September 2, had stopped the train traffic on this crucial
route, which connects Konkan region to the parts like Mumbai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!