Train services on Konkan route restored
Panaji: Rail traffic on the Konkan route was
restored Sunday morning, after the slush accumulated on the
tracks for the past two days, was cleared, officials said.
The tracks at Pomendi in Ratnagiri section of Maharashtra
were filled with slush due to incessant rains that has hit the
Konkan region since last four days.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Public Relation
Manager Baban Ghatge said that the tracks were restored on
Sunday at 3.30 am and rail traffic has resumed from 6.27 am.
The slush, which had accumulated on the tracks at Pomendi
on September 2, had stopped the train traffic on this crucial
route, which connects Konkan region to the parts like Mumbai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'