Train services on Konkan route restored
Panaji: Rail traffic on the Konkan route was
restored Sunday morning, after the slush accumulated on the
tracks for the past two days, was cleared, officials said.
The tracks at Pomendi in Ratnagiri section of Maharashtra
were filled with slush due to incessant rains that has hit the
Konkan region since last four days.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Public Relation
Manager Baban Ghatge said that the tracks were restored on
Sunday at 3.30 am and rail traffic has resumed from 6.27 am.
The slush, which had accumulated on the tracks at Pomendi
on September 2, had stopped the train traffic on this crucial
route, which connects Konkan region to the parts like Mumbai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi