Tremors in South Mumbai: Navy
Mumbai: The Navy has attributed tremors in some areas of south Mumbai to under-water explosions at the Naval dockyard here.
Recent media reports said that some offices on the higher floors at Kala Ghoda, the Western Railway`s headquarters and administrative buildings at Churchgate were experiencing tremors between 4 and 6 pm.
"A new dry dock is under construction at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai. The construction necessitates underwater rock blasting, which is expected to continue, with some intervals, for a few months to facilitate removal of obstruction," an official release said.
"The blasts are being carried out in a controlled manner to ensure total safety in the vicinity. The blast intensity is controlled well below specified safety norms to avoid any damage to ships and marine structures and is being closely monitored by experts," it added.
Despite being of negligible intensity, mild shock waves/vibrations of non-damage causing nature may be expected to be felt in the adjoining areas, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside