Tremors in South Mumbai: Navy
Mumbai: The Navy has attributed tremors in some areas of south Mumbai to under-water explosions at the Naval dockyard here.
Recent media reports said that some offices on the higher floors at Kala Ghoda, the Western Railway`s headquarters and administrative buildings at Churchgate were experiencing tremors between 4 and 6 pm.
"A new dry dock is under construction at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai. The construction necessitates underwater rock blasting, which is expected to continue, with some intervals, for a few months to facilitate removal of obstruction," an official release said.
"The blasts are being carried out in a controlled manner to ensure total safety in the vicinity. The blast intensity is controlled well below specified safety norms to avoid any damage to ships and marine structures and is being closely monitored by experts," it added.
Despite being of negligible intensity, mild shock waves/vibrations of non-damage causing nature may be expected to be felt in the adjoining areas, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference