Tribal leaders from Jawhar seek transfer of project officer
Thane: Tribal leaders and activists from Jawhar in Thane district are up in arms against alleged "ill treatment" meted out to an activist by an official of Tribal Development Department.
The general secretary of Jawhar taluka `Adivasi Sangharsh Samiti` and local NCP leader Balwant Gavit has said that Project Officer, Sushil Khodwekar, also the SDO, Jawhar, abused tribal activist and former Sarpanch of Sakur village, Sampat Pawar on Friday when the latter sought assistance regarding Ashram schools in Zap and Sakur villages.
When the tribal activists tried to meet the officer on Saturday, he reportedly evaded a direct reply and took a shelter in a toilet fearing a backlash.
However, the officer apologised later in presence of additional district collector and DySP, Gavit said.
He said that the activists will intensify their stir unless Khodwekar is transferred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1