Tribal leaders from Jawhar seek transfer of project officer
Thane: Tribal leaders and activists from Jawhar in Thane district are up in arms against alleged "ill treatment" meted out to an activist by an official of Tribal Development Department.
The general secretary of Jawhar taluka `Adivasi Sangharsh Samiti` and local NCP leader Balwant Gavit has said that Project Officer, Sushil Khodwekar, also the SDO, Jawhar, abused tribal activist and former Sarpanch of Sakur village, Sampat Pawar on Friday when the latter sought assistance regarding Ashram schools in Zap and Sakur villages.
When the tribal activists tried to meet the officer on Saturday, he reportedly evaded a direct reply and took a shelter in a toilet fearing a backlash.
However, the officer apologised later in presence of additional district collector and DySP, Gavit said.
He said that the activists will intensify their stir unless Khodwekar is transferred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what