Tribal students steal the show at Sonia Gandhi function
Thane: A group of tribal students hogged the limelight for displaying their management skills at a function in Thane district wherein Congress president Sonia Gandhi launched a child helathcare programme yesterday.
Clad in necktie and blazer, a group of 34 children, all students of state-run ashram schools from tribal pockets in Thane district, flagged off medical vans, compered from the stage from where Gandhi launched Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram, delivered welcome speech and also proposed a vote of thanks in chaste English and Hindi.
The students were skimmed off from among their peers by the district administration and provided training for the event, a district official said, adding they were given a special training in presentation skills and audition.
For the students who seldom stepped out of their hamlets and spoke any language other than a Marathi dialect, delivering the welcome speech for the Congress president in English and Hindi was not a mean achievement.
Their efforts were recognised by dignitaries and even the Congress president mentioned in her speech the good job done by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre