Tribal students steal the show at Sonia Gandhi function
Thane: A group of tribal students hogged the limelight for displaying their management skills at a function in Thane district wherein Congress president Sonia Gandhi launched a child helathcare programme yesterday.
Clad in necktie and blazer, a group of 34 children, all students of state-run ashram schools from tribal pockets in Thane district, flagged off medical vans, compered from the stage from where Gandhi launched Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram, delivered welcome speech and also proposed a vote of thanks in chaste English and Hindi.
The students were skimmed off from among their peers by the district administration and provided training for the event, a district official said, adding they were given a special training in presentation skills and audition.
For the students who seldom stepped out of their hamlets and spoke any language other than a Marathi dialect, delivering the welcome speech for the Congress president in English and Hindi was not a mean achievement.
Their efforts were recognised by dignitaries and even the Congress president mentioned in her speech the good job done by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak