Tribal students steal the show at Sonia Gandhi function
Thane: A group of tribal students hogged the limelight for displaying their management skills at a function in Thane district wherein Congress president Sonia Gandhi launched a child helathcare programme yesterday.
Clad in necktie and blazer, a group of 34 children, all students of state-run ashram schools from tribal pockets in Thane district, flagged off medical vans, compered from the stage from where Gandhi launched Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram, delivered welcome speech and also proposed a vote of thanks in chaste English and Hindi.
The students were skimmed off from among their peers by the district administration and provided training for the event, a district official said, adding they were given a special training in presentation skills and audition.
For the students who seldom stepped out of their hamlets and spoke any language other than a Marathi dialect, delivering the welcome speech for the Congress president in English and Hindi was not a mean achievement.
Their efforts were recognised by dignitaries and even the Congress president mentioned in her speech the good job done by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you