Tribal students steal the show at Sonia Gandhi function
Thane: A group of tribal students hogged the limelight for displaying their management skills at a function in Thane district wherein Congress president Sonia Gandhi launched a child helathcare programme yesterday.
Clad in necktie and blazer, a group of 34 children, all students of state-run ashram schools from tribal pockets in Thane district, flagged off medical vans, compered from the stage from where Gandhi launched Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram, delivered welcome speech and also proposed a vote of thanks in chaste English and Hindi.
The students were skimmed off from among their peers by the district administration and provided training for the event, a district official said, adding they were given a special training in presentation skills and audition.
For the students who seldom stepped out of their hamlets and spoke any language other than a Marathi dialect, delivering the welcome speech for the Congress president in English and Hindi was not a mean achievement.
Their efforts were recognised by dignitaries and even the Congress president mentioned in her speech the good job done by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?