Tribal tortured to death in Maharashtra
Thane(Maha): In a macabre incident, a tribal
was allegedly tortured to death and his body disposed off by
his master without informing his wife, according to a
complaint lodged with the District Superintendent of Police.
The incident took place last week at Shere village of
Sahapur taluka of the district.
Jhipru Mukane(35) was chained and tortured to death by
his master for `recovering` Rs 6000 which he had taken as loan
in 2010, his wife Jayabai(30) said in a complaint adding that
they had already repaid the loan.
She charged that a local arrack vendor and brick kiln
owner Balu Chowdhari and his son Ganesh had on October 27 beat
her husband and dragged him to their brick kiln.
Jayabai said that as her husband had not returned home
for a long time she went looking for him at the brick kiln on
November 12 when she saw him locked in a small room where he
could barely lie down, his hands and feet were chained and
there were bruises all over his body. She pleaded for his
release with the father-son duo but they refused and drove her
The hapless lady said that when she went to the Vashind
police station to lodge a complaint, the police insisted that
she file a written complaint which she could not, being
illiterate. She had to borrow Rs 50 to pay the writer to write
the complaint, she said.
Later, the police allegedly refused to take down the
complaint stating that she should wait for her husband to
She said in the complaint that on November 22 when she
went again to see her husband, she saw the masters were
beating him mercilessly. She tried to intervene but they drove
her away. On the same night, two constables from Vashind went
her home and informed her that her husband had died and was
cremated after a post-mortem.
The DSP Rajesh Kumar Mor when contacted said he was not
aware of the incident and would find out details and revert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried