Tribal woman killed in Thane
Thane: A 45-year-old woman from tribal-
dominated Talasari taluka of the district was killed by
unidentified persons, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, identified as Makhi Dhumada, had gone
Monday evening to attend an engagement ceremony in Vasa of
Patil Pada hamlet, where she had a quarrel between with some
people that resulted in heated arguments, API D L Chavan of
the Talasari police station said.
Later, the woman, who had consumed toddy, was dragged
out and was smashed to death, he added.
Her body was dumped in a drain and was found next
morning by the villagers, Chavan said adding that it was sent
The victim`s family members were not in the village,
when the incident took place, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits