Tribal woman killed in Thane
Thane: A 45-year-old woman from tribal-
dominated Talasari taluka of the district was killed by
unidentified persons, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, identified as Makhi Dhumada, had gone
Monday evening to attend an engagement ceremony in Vasa of
Patil Pada hamlet, where she had a quarrel between with some
people that resulted in heated arguments, API D L Chavan of
the Talasari police station said.
Later, the woman, who had consumed toddy, was dragged
out and was smashed to death, he added.
Her body was dumped in a drain and was found next
morning by the villagers, Chavan said adding that it was sent
The victim`s family members were not in the village,
when the incident took place, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation