Tribal woman killed in Thane
Thane: A 45-year-old woman from tribal-
dominated Talasari taluka of the district was killed by
unidentified persons, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, identified as Makhi Dhumada, had gone
Monday evening to attend an engagement ceremony in Vasa of
Patil Pada hamlet, where she had a quarrel between with some
people that resulted in heated arguments, API D L Chavan of
the Talasari police station said.
Later, the woman, who had consumed toddy, was dragged
out and was smashed to death, he added.
Her body was dumped in a drain and was found next
morning by the villagers, Chavan said adding that it was sent
The victim`s family members were not in the village,
when the incident took place, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister