Tribal woman killed in Thane
Thane: A 45-year-old woman from tribal-
dominated Talasari taluka of the district was killed by
unidentified persons, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, identified as Makhi Dhumada, had gone
Monday evening to attend an engagement ceremony in Vasa of
Patil Pada hamlet, where she had a quarrel between with some
people that resulted in heated arguments, API D L Chavan of
the Talasari police station said.
Later, the woman, who had consumed toddy, was dragged
out and was smashed to death, he added.
Her body was dumped in a drain and was found next
morning by the villagers, Chavan said adding that it was sent
The victim`s family members were not in the village,
when the incident took place, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees