Trio quizzed in Mumbai 13/7 blasts granted bail
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 18:41
  
Mumbai: Three persons, who were arrested in a forgery case and extensively questioned in connection with the serial blasts here in July last year, were on Wednesday granted bail by a local court.

The trio--Qamar-E-Alam (19), Abdul Wahab (20), and Shahejahan (20)-- had filed their bail applications after they were remanded in judicial custody.

Alam and Wahab who hail from Darbhanga district of Bihar, were picked up on January 1 from a college in Punjab where they were studying engineering.They were booked for forgery after being found in possession of over 10 SIM cards procured using fake documents, police sources said.

Subsequently, their aide Shahejahan was also arrested. The trio was interrogated extensively in connection with the last year's terror attack in Mumbai, they said.

Powerful IED blasts rocked the bustling Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar areas in Mumbai within a span of 30 minutes on July 13, killing 27 and wounding many others.

A breakthrough has eluded Maharashtra ATS and Mumbai Crime Branch, who are probing the attack. Though the outlawed home-grown terror group Indian Mujahideen was suspected to be behind the explosions, the probe agencies are yet to conclusively pin the blame on any outfit or arrest any suspect.

PTI


First Published: Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 18:41


comments powered by Disqus