Trio quizzed in Mumbai 13/7 blasts granted bail
Mumbai: Three persons, who were arrested in
a forgery case and extensively questioned in connection with
the serial blasts here in July last year, were on Wednesday granted
bail by a local court.
The trio--Qamar-E-Alam (19), Abdul Wahab (20), and
Shahejahan (20)-- had filed their bail applications after they
were remanded in judicial custody.
Alam and Wahab who hail from Darbhanga district of Bihar,
were picked up on January 1 from a college in Punjab where
they were studying engineering.They were booked for forgery
after being found in possession of over 10 SIM cards procured
using fake documents, police sources said.
Subsequently, their aide Shahejahan was also arrested.
The trio was interrogated extensively in connection with the
last year`s terror attack in Mumbai, they said.
Powerful IED blasts rocked the bustling Zaveri Bazaar,
Opera House and Dadar areas in Mumbai within a span of 30
minutes on July 13, killing 27 and wounding many others.
A breakthrough has eluded Maharashtra ATS and Mumbai
Crime Branch, who are probing the attack. Though the outlawed
home-grown terror group Indian Mujahideen was suspected to be
behind the explosions, the probe agencies are yet to
conclusively pin the blame on any outfit or arrest any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt