Tripura Governor, kin booked in fraud case
Pune: The Pune rural police registered an
FIR against Tripura Governor DY Patil and kin in connection
with a fraud case following direction by a local court, police
said on Thursday.
According to Talegaon Dabhade police, who registered
the complaint filed by one Sampat Pawar on Tuesday, Patil, his
wife Pushpalata and two sons--Ajinkya and Vijay, were booked
under sections 420 (cheating and dishonesty inducing delivery
of property), 467 (forgery of valuable security, will etc),
468 (forgery for purpose of cheating)and 471 (using as genuine
a forged document or electronic record) of IPC.
The police move came after Wadgaon Maval court issued
orders for the same.
"We are investigating the matter starting with
scrutiny of the relevant documents and will proceed as per the
law", Sanjay Nikam, a police inspector attached with Talegaon
Dabhade police station said.
The complainant alleged that the Patils, by forging
the documents of the deal, dislodged him from the joint
ownership of the trust for which the 40-acre plot of land was
purchased by the families of Patil and Pawar for about Rs 4
The incumbent Governor of Tripura runs a huge network
of educational institutions in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents