Tripura Governor, kin booked in fraud case
Pune: The Pune rural police registered an
FIR against Tripura Governor DY Patil and kin in connection
with a fraud case following direction by a local court, police
said on Thursday.
According to Talegaon Dabhade police, who registered
the complaint filed by one Sampat Pawar on Tuesday, Patil, his
wife Pushpalata and two sons--Ajinkya and Vijay, were booked
under sections 420 (cheating and dishonesty inducing delivery
of property), 467 (forgery of valuable security, will etc),
468 (forgery for purpose of cheating)and 471 (using as genuine
a forged document or electronic record) of IPC.
The police move came after Wadgaon Maval court issued
orders for the same.
"We are investigating the matter starting with
scrutiny of the relevant documents and will proceed as per the
law", Sanjay Nikam, a police inspector attached with Talegaon
Dabhade police station said.
The complainant alleged that the Patils, by forging
the documents of the deal, dislodged him from the joint
ownership of the trust for which the 40-acre plot of land was
purchased by the families of Patil and Pawar for about Rs 4
The incumbent Governor of Tripura runs a huge network
of educational institutions in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof