TV channel editors` body condemns attack
New Delhi: Broadcast Editors` Association
(BEA), a body of television channel editors, on Friday condemned the attacks on IBN-Lokmat offices in Mumbai and Pune and sought a probe into the incidents.
"It is an attack on freedom of expression. It is the
handiwork of elements who want to undermine the role of pen,
microphone and camera," the BEA said in a statement here.
It said that such attacks go against the basic tenets of
democracy and need to be condemned in harshest possible terms.
"BEA demands a thorough probe and action against the
wrong-doers," the statement said.
Suspected Shiv Sena activists today vandalised the
offices of a prominent Marathi news channel `IBN-Lokmat` in
Mumbai and Pune and assaulted staff members, including
journalists, for carrying reports that allegedly showed their
leader Bal Thackeray in a bad light.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India