TV channel editors` body condemns attack
New Delhi: Broadcast Editors` Association
(BEA), a body of television channel editors, on Friday condemned the attacks on IBN-Lokmat offices in Mumbai and Pune and sought a probe into the incidents.
"It is an attack on freedom of expression. It is the
handiwork of elements who want to undermine the role of pen,
microphone and camera," the BEA said in a statement here.
It said that such attacks go against the basic tenets of
democracy and need to be condemned in harshest possible terms.
"BEA demands a thorough probe and action against the
wrong-doers," the statement said.
Suspected Shiv Sena activists today vandalised the
offices of a prominent Marathi news channel `IBN-Lokmat` in
Mumbai and Pune and assaulted staff members, including
journalists, for carrying reports that allegedly showed their
leader Bal Thackeray in a bad light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video