TV channel editors` body condemns attack
New Delhi: Broadcast Editors` Association
(BEA), a body of television channel editors, on Friday condemned the attacks on IBN-Lokmat offices in Mumbai and Pune and sought a probe into the incidents.
"It is an attack on freedom of expression. It is the
handiwork of elements who want to undermine the role of pen,
microphone and camera," the BEA said in a statement here.
It said that such attacks go against the basic tenets of
democracy and need to be condemned in harshest possible terms.
"BEA demands a thorough probe and action against the
wrong-doers," the statement said.
Suspected Shiv Sena activists today vandalised the
offices of a prominent Marathi news channel `IBN-Lokmat` in
Mumbai and Pune and assaulted staff members, including
journalists, for carrying reports that allegedly showed their
leader Bal Thackeray in a bad light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday