Twin murders: First witness to depose in court Thu
Mumbai: Over a year after two youngsters were allegedly killed by eve-teasers in Andheri while trying to protect their female friends, the first witness in the Reuben and Keenan murder case will depose in a court on Thursday.
Avinash Solanki, who is the complainant and also an eye-witness in the case, will depose in the court. The sessions court on October 23 had framed charges against four accused who have been arrested.
Prosecution had said that Keenan Santos (24) and Reuben Fernandez (29) were stabbed after a scuffle near a paan shop in suburban Andheri on October 20 last year. Police later arrested Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival for the murder.
According to police, the duo were attacked outside an eatery when they tried to protect their female friends from the group of eve-teasers who after retreating initially came back at the spot with over 10 aides and brutally assaulted Keenan and Reuben in full public view.
The case was transferred to the Sewri fast track court in March following a huge public outcry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Audio-Technica launches noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption