Twin murders: First witness to depose in court Thu
Mumbai: Over a year after two youngsters were allegedly killed by eve-teasers in Andheri while trying to protect their female friends, the first witness in the Reuben and Keenan murder case will depose in a court on Thursday.
Avinash Solanki, who is the complainant and also an eye-witness in the case, will depose in the court. The sessions court on October 23 had framed charges against four accused who have been arrested.
Prosecution had said that Keenan Santos (24) and Reuben Fernandez (29) were stabbed after a scuffle near a paan shop in suburban Andheri on October 20 last year. Police later arrested Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival for the murder.
According to police, the duo were attacked outside an eatery when they tried to protect their female friends from the group of eve-teasers who after retreating initially came back at the spot with over 10 aides and brutally assaulted Keenan and Reuben in full public view.
The case was transferred to the Sewri fast track court in March following a huge public outcry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony