Twin murders: First witness to depose in court Thu
Mumbai: Over a year after two youngsters were allegedly killed by eve-teasers in Andheri while trying to protect their female friends, the first witness in the Reuben and Keenan murder case will depose in a court on Thursday.
Avinash Solanki, who is the complainant and also an eye-witness in the case, will depose in the court. The sessions court on October 23 had framed charges against four accused who have been arrested.
Prosecution had said that Keenan Santos (24) and Reuben Fernandez (29) were stabbed after a scuffle near a paan shop in suburban Andheri on October 20 last year. Police later arrested Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival for the murder.
According to police, the duo were attacked outside an eatery when they tried to protect their female friends from the group of eve-teasers who after retreating initially came back at the spot with over 10 aides and brutally assaulted Keenan and Reuben in full public view.
The case was transferred to the Sewri fast track court in March following a huge public outcry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma