Two 13/7 accused in JC in bike theft case
Mumbai: A local magistrate court on Saturday remanded in judicial custody till June 16 two accused in 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts case, arrested afresh in connection with a motorcycle theft case.
Terror suspects Naquee Ahmed and Nadeem Shaikh had been arrested on May 28 for allegedly stealing two Unicorn motorcycles from V P Road and Dongri areas before the 13/7 bomb blasts.
Both of them were in judicial custody in connection with the blast case and were arrested in the theft case.
The two vehicles had been later recovered from Bihar by the ATS after the arrest of Naquee and Nadeem in the blast case.
"Both have been remanded to judicial custody and their bail applications will be heard on June 13," their advocate Khalid Azmi said.
Naquee and Nadeem had been arrested in the theft case after the ATS had filed charge sheet in the 13/7 blast case.
As per the charge sheet filed in the blast case, the ATS had said that following instructions by Yasin Bhatkal, a top IM operative, Naquee and Nadeem had stolen the motorcycles a day before the blasts and explosives were fitted in them for explosions at Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House.
The triple explosions at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July 13, 2011 had left 27 persons dead and 127 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends