Two 13/7 accused in JC in bike theft case
Mumbai: A local magistrate court on Saturday remanded in judicial custody till June 16 two accused in 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts case, arrested afresh in connection with a motorcycle theft case.
Terror suspects Naquee Ahmed and Nadeem Shaikh had been arrested on May 28 for allegedly stealing two Unicorn motorcycles from V P Road and Dongri areas before the 13/7 bomb blasts.
Both of them were in judicial custody in connection with the blast case and were arrested in the theft case.
The two vehicles had been later recovered from Bihar by the ATS after the arrest of Naquee and Nadeem in the blast case.
"Both have been remanded to judicial custody and their bail applications will be heard on June 13," their advocate Khalid Azmi said.
Naquee and Nadeem had been arrested in the theft case after the ATS had filed charge sheet in the 13/7 blast case.
As per the charge sheet filed in the blast case, the ATS had said that following instructions by Yasin Bhatkal, a top IM operative, Naquee and Nadeem had stolen the motorcycles a day before the blasts and explosives were fitted in them for explosions at Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House.
The triple explosions at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July 13, 2011 had left 27 persons dead and 127 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog