‘Two accused confessed in J Dey murder case’
Mumbai: Two accused, arrested in connection with the murder of senior journalist J Dey, had made confession describing their roles in the crime, police said on Friday.
A crime branch official said police had recorded the statements of Paulson Joseph, who had provided global SIM cards to the accused involved in the murder, and Deepak Sisodia who had allegedly given the .32 mm US-made revolver to alleged Chotta Rajan aide Satish Kalya.
"Sisodia`s statement was recorded on September 7 and Joseph`s on September 13," the officer said.
The police had recorded the statements of Paulson Joseph, who had provided global SIM cards to the accused.
The crime branch had sought time from the court to file the chargesheet. "We have sought another two months as we have to incorporate the evidences given by Joseph," said an official.
In an interesting development, Anil Waghmode, an accused in the case whose car was used by co-accused to flee, has filed an application before the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) Court seeking the car back.
Dey (56) was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne assailants in suburban Powai on June 11.
Police have arrested Rohee Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya and his associates Abhijeet Shinde, Arun Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain