Two alleged chain snatchers escape from Dharavi police lock-up
Mumbai: Two alleged chain snatchers escaped on Monday, after breaking open a toilet window grill of the Dharavi police station lock-up in Central Mumbai, the police said.
"Accused Satish Kunchikurve (25) and Suresh Kunchikurve (27) were not found inside the lock-up today afternoon when cops went to take them to a court hearing," Assistant Police Commissioner Prakash Landage said.
The two, who were lodged in the Arthur Road Central Jail after being arrested by the Mumbai police Crime Branch, were taken into custody by the Dharavi police after their names surfaced in a chain snatching case.
A preliminary probe suggested that the accused escaped between 10.30 am and 12 pm today after breaking open a small toilet window grill.
"Special teams have been formed to trace the accused," Deputy Police Commissioner Dhananjay Kulkarni said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report