Two arrested for human sacrifice bid in Nashik
Nashik: Two persons were arrested and two others were detained here after alert locals foiled their alleged attempt to perform human sacrifices, for curing an ailing member of their family, police said on Friday.
The incident took place in Nashik road locality in Devlaligaon when locals heard a digging sound from the house of one Mogal Bhalerao in Rajwada on September 4 (no-moon day) and grew suspicious, they said.
Last night too, when similar noises came out, people barged in to find a black magic ritual in progress. A seven-feet long crater was dug in the house and a woman and four children were sitting inside, with some lemons in their hands and foreheads smeared with `kum kum`.
The kids were also holding some taits (a charm against evil forces), they said.
On the complaint of one Balasaheb Yuvraj, police rushed to the spot last night and stopped the ritual and seized some essence-sticks, bones, lemons, taits and `kum kum` from the spot.
Subsequently, two persons-- Jitesh Mogal Bhalerao and Vijay Mogal Bhalerao -- were arrested while two women -- Sunita mogal and Sangita Mogal- were detained. The children were let off, police said.
Police have registered offences against them under Section 3 of Maharashtra Anti-superstition and Black magic Ordinance, senior police inspector Moula Sayyad said today.
Those arrested confessed to conducting the ritual to cure their father Mogal Bhalerao of asthama, police said.
The women are being interrogated to delve further into the case.
The Maharashtra Government had recently issued an Ordinance against superstition and black magic after the killing of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar, who was fighting blind faith in the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read