Two arrested in bank robbery case in Mumbai
Mumbai: Two persons have been arrested in
connection with a bank robbery that took place in suburban
Kandivali few days ago, police said Thursday.
The two accused, identified as Sonu Gorakh and
Brahmajeet Dube, were arrested from the city for their alleged
role in Saraswat Bank heist, said Joint Police Commissioner
(Law and Order) Rajnish Seth.
Three armed men looted Rs 21 lakh from Saraswat
Co-operative Bank in Kandivali and escaped on a bike.
The two were also a part of the gang that looted two
more banks in the city in June and August, he said.
The October 11 incident was the third bank robbery in
north Mumbai in the last four months.
On June 21, Model Co-operative Bank`s branch in
suburban Malad was robbed of Rs 34 lakh by four armed men. On
August 30, five robbers looted Rs 27.5 lakh from HDFC Bank`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons