Two arrested in bank robbery case in Mumbai
Mumbai: Two persons have been arrested in
connection with a bank robbery that took place in suburban
Kandivali few days ago, police said Thursday.
The two accused, identified as Sonu Gorakh and
Brahmajeet Dube, were arrested from the city for their alleged
role in Saraswat Bank heist, said Joint Police Commissioner
(Law and Order) Rajnish Seth.
Three armed men looted Rs 21 lakh from Saraswat
Co-operative Bank in Kandivali and escaped on a bike.
The two were also a part of the gang that looted two
more banks in the city in June and August, he said.
The October 11 incident was the third bank robbery in
north Mumbai in the last four months.
On June 21, Model Co-operative Bank`s branch in
suburban Malad was robbed of Rs 34 lakh by four armed men. On
August 30, five robbers looted Rs 27.5 lakh from HDFC Bank`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened