Two arrested in bank robbery case in Mumbai
Mumbai: Two persons have been arrested in
connection with a bank robbery that took place in suburban
Kandivali few days ago, police said Thursday.
The two accused, identified as Sonu Gorakh and
Brahmajeet Dube, were arrested from the city for their alleged
role in Saraswat Bank heist, said Joint Police Commissioner
(Law and Order) Rajnish Seth.
Three armed men looted Rs 21 lakh from Saraswat
Co-operative Bank in Kandivali and escaped on a bike.
The two were also a part of the gang that looted two
more banks in the city in June and August, he said.
The October 11 incident was the third bank robbery in
north Mumbai in the last four months.
On June 21, Model Co-operative Bank`s branch in
suburban Malad was robbed of Rs 34 lakh by four armed men. On
August 30, five robbers looted Rs 27.5 lakh from HDFC Bank`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read