Two arrested in triple murder case in Bhiwandi
Thane: With the arrest of two youths, Thane
police claimed to have solved the triple murder case in the
powerloom town of Bhiwandi, which rocked the district last
week, top police official said.
The arrested include Mohammad Rafique Khan (25) and
Mohammad Safique Khan (30), both, residents of Bhiwandi.
Irfan Shah (32), a money-lender by profession, his wife
Gulista and their four-year-old daughter Mohak were brutally
hacked to death on August 24 in broad day light in their
Addressing a press conference here last evening, Thane
Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanshi narrated the sequence of
events that led to the murder.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that there was a
dispute between the victim and the accused over the issue of
interest amount on the loan.
The accused Rafique had allegedly taken a loan of Rs
1,000 from Shah, who demanded Rs 500 from Rafique towards
interest, the police said.
However, Rafique and his brother Safique had a quarrel
with Shah on August 23 over the interest amount.
Later, the Khan brothers also took one more person with
them and went to Shah`s house and had an altercation with him.
However, the quarrel took a serious turn, when Rafique
attacked Shah with a knife, killing him on the spot, police
The accused went on to kill Shah`s wife and daughter, who
witnessed Shah`s killing. Two other children of the victim,
had gone to school at that time and hence, were saved, they
The police interrogated over a hundred people in this
connection and finally nabbed the accused in Uttar Pradesh.
The duo has been brought back to Bhiwandi.
Bhiwandi and Kalyan police are carrying out the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'