Two booked for duping jobless youths
Yavatmal: Two youths have been booked for
duping over 50 jobless youths in Yavatmal and Nanded districts of Maharashtra, police said Monday.
The accused--Uttamrao Kathale and Sheikh Usman Sheikh
Maulana, both residents of Nanded--were booked following a
complaint was lodged by one of the victims, Sheikh Rasheed
Hamid, a resident of village Shevalpimpri of Pusad tehsil.
Cases have been registered against the two, under section 420 of Indian Penal Code, they said.
The duo, claiming to have closeness to influential
politicians, used to promise jobs in the government
departments to jobless educated youths in villages and
collect Rs 50,000-1,00,000 each. They assured youths suitable
jobs in the Divisional commissioner?s office in Aurangabad.
Over 50 youths of whom 20 from Shevalpimpri village
itself paid the demanded amount. The accused are reported to
have collected over Rs 50 lakh or above in this manner from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’