Two cases of rape in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two cases of rape were registered in the city in a matter of 24 hours, police said.
In the first incident, a 32-year-old person allegedly raped a married woman, who is his distant relative, at her residence in Chandan Nagar here, police said.
The accused, Samuel alias Raju Arvind Deshpande, who works as a security guard, used to frequently visit the victim`s house located in the southern part of the city.
According to police, on Monday night, he went to the house of the 21-year-old victim, first gagged her and then raped her. The victim`s mother-in-law was at home when the incident took place.
The victim narrated the incident to her husband when he returned home, following which, the accused was caught and beaten up and was later handed over to police.
In the second incident, a 24-year-youth allegedly raped a 14 year-old girl under the pretext of marriage in Bhandewadi area in eastern part of city, police said.
The accused has been identified as Satish Bhagwan Singait and was arrested, police said.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam transferred to France
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand as SC stays floor test in state Assembly
- Fire breaks out in Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's chamber
- Kabir Khan's message to the media after being 'heckled in Pakistan' is epic!
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC