Two cases of rape in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two cases of rape were registered in the city in a matter of 24 hours, police said.
In the first incident, a 32-year-old person allegedly raped a married woman, who is his distant relative, at her residence in Chandan Nagar here, police said.
The accused, Samuel alias Raju Arvind Deshpande, who works as a security guard, used to frequently visit the victim`s house located in the southern part of the city.
According to police, on Monday night, he went to the house of the 21-year-old victim, first gagged her and then raped her. The victim`s mother-in-law was at home when the incident took place.
The victim narrated the incident to her husband when he returned home, following which, the accused was caught and beaten up and was later handed over to police.
In the second incident, a 24-year-youth allegedly raped a 14 year-old girl under the pretext of marriage in Bhandewadi area in eastern part of city, police said.
The accused has been identified as Satish Bhagwan Singait and was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players