Two cases of rape in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two cases of rape were registered in the city in a matter of 24 hours, police said.
In the first incident, a 32-year-old person allegedly raped a married woman, who is his distant relative, at her residence in Chandan Nagar here, police said.
The accused, Samuel alias Raju Arvind Deshpande, who works as a security guard, used to frequently visit the victim`s house located in the southern part of the city.
According to police, on Monday night, he went to the house of the 21-year-old victim, first gagged her and then raped her. The victim`s mother-in-law was at home when the incident took place.
The victim narrated the incident to her husband when he returned home, following which, the accused was caught and beaten up and was later handed over to police.
In the second incident, a 24-year-youth allegedly raped a 14 year-old girl under the pretext of marriage in Bhandewadi area in eastern part of city, police said.
The accused has been identified as Satish Bhagwan Singait and was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city